1. Street performers: Now, I know you can find these all over the world, but there are some particularly creative ones here. And pretty much all of the street musicians I've listened to have been pretty good (they all sing Bob Dylan, Simon and G.Funk, Cat Stevens... right up my alley). This one is not a singer but an Egyptian mummy/ sphinx thing with my friend Lily behind me.

2. The Pizza. I had my first this Friday night. It was amazing. Salsiccia (sausage) on this paper thin really crispy crust. Yes, I ate the whole thing, and I'd do it again!

3. Okay, I just can't get enough of these fountains... and I'm pretty sure its drinkable because I see other people doing it and I haven't died yet... Anyway, this is a more picturesque fountain in front of the Spanish Steps.
4. Shopping in Rome. Except with me, shopping consists of trying on clothes I never could/would buy and quietly taking model shots in the dressing room. A very good time. But I did buy a pair of sunglasses for 5 euro. I bargained the guy down from 12 euro. Very proud of my haggling skills.
5. La Notte Bianca is this crazy festival that Rome throws every year. There were estimated 2.5 million people roaming around last night. There were free concerts, magic shows, tight rope walkers, museum tours open late, and just TONS of people! Every major street or piazza was packed. It was surprisingly less crazy than I thought it would be though... but the metro ride back was quite the adventure! Friends and I had to literally shove our way through to get on to the train, get off at our stop, and then switch lines and do it again! This photo is of Piazza del Popolo before the tight rope walkers performed (they were pretty insane. I was worried they would fall, but they didn't.)

No comments:
Post a Comment