So without further adieu... Here are the
7 Reasons Why I Love Rome! (in honor of the 7 hills of Rome?)
1. It kind of goes without saying, the gelato is amazing!
This is me enjoying my first - a "crema" flavored gelato!
2. The view from my room in the Convento di San Antonio (I can usually watch the nuns put out laundry in the morning.) The convent is on the Aventine Hill, a short walk from the historic center, but without the chaos and traffic.
3. The bathrooms. End of story. Who needs to separate the shower from the toilet? (I sure don't!)
4. Classes that include: walking around Rome while experts in history, art history, and archaeology give me a tour
5. The fountains provide cold drinkable water. Perfect for the poor and thirsty student traveler.
6. Random police tape running throughout the city that's too high to really block anyone or anything. Oh Italians!
7. Ancient monuments such as the Coliseum literally appear out of nowhere behind every corner! 


No comments:
Post a Comment