surrounding me with songs of deliverance

27 June 2007

Blog Redefined

I've decided I want to become a blogger. I like the idea of having a space where I can write my thoughts on life, or intelligent commentary on current events, or tell funny stories that make everyone wish they were my friend (mostly that last one).

Possible problems:
1. This means I have to actually come up with interesting pieces that people would actually want to read - I think in some ways I've inherited the Bunnell family super power to bore people to death, which could makes things difficult.

2. For some reason, I set my blog site to have Italian language settings, meaning I only have a vague understanding of what I'm clicking. But actually this makes blogging more exciting. For now, the Italian is staying.

3. This site was originally used for my semester abroad, so it still has all these vestiges from Rome, like the title and the quote, and even the template is kind of European-themed. Those will have to go.

4. I'm now realizing that I may have set the bar too high for this blog already. Rather than writing "intelligent commentary" or waxing poetically, I'll probably just have a bunch of shout-outs to friends and the results from my latest internet quiz (according to the Animology quiz I'm an Ocre and Gray Dolphin, my soul mate is the Bronze Goat, and I hate the Peach Pig.)

Ok. All problems aside, I do want to give this a try. For now I will continue to get this baby fired up for its magnificent release into the world of blogs.

1 comment:

The Other Ann Miller said...

Re: #1 - The Bunnell's NEVER bore!

About Me