surrounding me with songs of deliverance

08 October 2006

Go with the Flo

...Florence that is! Oh man, stop me now.

So after just returning from Florence, I have decided I am going to update my travel blog rather than do my homework or laundry. It's important to set some priorities in life.

Florence was Florence. It's beautiful but crowded. Crowded with Renaissance artwork, medieval buildings, American students and, yes, tourists. Although Florence is quite lovely, I think I prefer nitty gritty dirty raw Rome. And I'm going to acknowledge that this opinion is almost completed based unfairly on circumstances, which include the fact that it rained almost all day Saturday (I think the rain follows us on our weekend exursions), and that we spent almost the whole time rushing from museum to museum with very limited free time. Nonetheless, I did enjoy doing some wandering and photo-taking my few free hours.

So, I'm going to begin with some photos of random people who would probably be pretty disturbed if they found I was posting pictures of them on the internet.

On our way to the Bargello museum today, our class ran into an Italian parade! Complete with baton-twirlers in cheerleading outfits, a well-dressed marching band, traditional Florentine costumes, and many important-looking Italian men with flags and medals.







Here are some Italian mimes I found on break, smoking AND TALKING!! I knew they were faking it!

Tourists waiting patiently in line at the Uffizi.


The Arno River

Hey! It's me!
Frantic shoppers head toward the Ponte Vecchio despite the rain.
Palazzo Vecchio, from the Uffizi terrace.
Il Duomo in the moonlight.

Buona notte Firenze!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea that is right, i facebook stalked you and found your travel blog. I just wanted to say that I love the picture of all the asian tourists. I also like that our program somehow has a knack for cutting lines. Good deal, for $20,000 a semester ;) Ok this was just random. Have a great day!

-Caroline G.

About Me