Anyway, after arriving Wednesday morning from our 6am Ryanair flight (meaning we had to get up at 2:30am to catch it), and taking a well-deserved nap, we decided to go for a walk around the city. Without knowing it, my Dad's genes resurfaced and I ended up taking the friends on a "death march" around Paris. (For anyone familiar with Paris: we started in the Latin Quarter, walked by Notre Dame, then to the Louvre, then down Champs-Elysees, across the river by the Eiffel Tower, and all the way back to the Latin Quarter along the Seine... basically circling central Paris and then some)
Despite the fact that I made lots of enemies that night, I had a good time wandering around and seeing how beautiful Paris is at night. Still working on my night photo skills...
The Louvre and pyramid.
The Eiffel Tower
Then one morning I got up early and climbed the North Tower of Notre Dame Cathedral! What a beautiful view! I took tons of photos of the gargoyles too, because I'm cool like that.
Sun peaking out behind Notre Dame
South end of Notre Dame and River Seine
More quasi-aerial photos of Paris:
mmm... tasty
... looming over the square
is he vomiting?
The pensive, sentimental one - isn't he cute?
Then one night I went to a classical music concert in the church of Sainte Chappelle with amazingly beautiful blue stained glass windows. The concert was great too - they played lots of recognizable songs which made it more fun (some Mozart, an Ave Maria, you know the drill)
I spent some time wandering around the gardens in front of the Louvre called Jardin de Carrousel...
Yes, I guess this is an act of vanity. But I really like the green-grass background and I was having fun playing with my camera settings (right Caroline.)
Lots of garden time in Paris. I also went twice to Luxembourg Gardens which was closer to our hotel. It really is a phenomenal place - very refined though (no sitting on the grass allowed, everyone sits on chairs NEAR the grass.)
See? Its just begging for a romantic walk. Unfortunately, Josh wasn't there for me to torture.
So I wanted a photo of me walking through the garden, but I didn't want to ask someone because that would be weird. So instead, I walked back and forth along this path taking photos of myself - definitely less weird Caroline!
more of the garden:
Au revoir Paris!
There are many many more photos, and countless more stories, but this will do for now :)





















2 comments:
Caroline!!!
I totally sang that song when I went to Paris too! Must be a Bunnell thing. Or just a nerd thing in general. I love how you took candids of yourself in the garden. classic. and you have to learn how to make crepes so you can make them for me when you come home. anyways, i love you and miss you and hope you are having a great time!
&hearts Lauren
ps. congrats on your paper and midterm thingy! you little smarty pants you!
Oh, man, I love leading people on forced tours! When I travel, I have an agenda. Ohh, I miss you, but it's so great that you're in Paris - the city of love! Or l'amour....l'fromage, l'chocolatier, l'pattisserie.. oh, yum. take care!
~Rosalie
Post a Comment